JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alarm display on Always On

(Topic created: 04-29-2024 07:24 AM)
Anita Coffey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the Always On display set so I have a visible clock always available without needing to interact with the phone/screen. The alarm names do not show up when the alarm is ringing, so I can't tell which one is going off and whether I can snooze it or not. And as for the snooze option, it's not there on the Always On screen. So if I tap "show the name" for the alarm, it takes me to the clock app and once again I do not have the option to snooze the alarm. I attempted all the suggested fixes for Lock Screen (settings, notifications allowed, go to apps to allow display, etc etc) but that doesn't do it for the Always On display. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting to see the names of the alarms that you're setting! Since you've already done some troubleshooting the next thing I would suggest is to clear the cache of the device by following the below steps!

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. ...
When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you get the Android system recovery menu options.
Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.

You can also make sure your device is backed up and do a factory data reset on it as well. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management.
Swipe to and tap Reset, then tap Factory data reset, and then review the information.
When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
If you have a security lock set, you will be asked to enter the credentials.

I would also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting to see the names of the alarms that you're setting! Since you've already done some troubleshooting the next thing I would suggest is to clear the cache of the device by following the below steps!

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. ...
When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you get the Android system recovery menu options.
Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.

You can also make sure your device is backed up and do a factory data reset on it as well. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management.
Swipe to and tap Reset, then tap Factory data reset, and then review the information.
When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
If you have a security lock set, you will be asked to enter the credentials.

I would also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Anita Coffey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your reply. I followed the directions for clearing the cache and while I seem to have the snooze feature back (for now) it does not fix the missing name. I'm not interested in conducting a factory reset for something like this. That really should be a last resort for bigger issues. This *should* be solvable in other ways. I appreciate your help, if someone can fix the name issue I'll buy them a beer

0 Likes