JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App icon badges not working for Messages or Phone apps

(Topic created: 03-28-2022 05:37 PM)
Kstclair
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Just switched to the S22 Ultra from the Note 20. I've compared notification settings between the two, I've cleared cache and data but I can't get the app icon badges to work for those two apps. I even went into the App icon badges settings under Advanced settings and they are identical between the two phones. Using the Samsung supplied version of the apps. 

It shouldn't be this hard for a brand new phone. Any suggestions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
App Icon Badges both in Advanced Settings and Home Screen Settings must be On

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
App Icon Badges both in Advanced Settings and Home Screen Settings must be On
Kstclair
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That was it. My Launcher did not have the Notification Badge option enabled in system settings. Thank you!
darlenek22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Can you give me the breadcrumbs to check the Launcher notification badge option enabled in system settings? I've checked all the above but am not clear on the launcher/system settings.

0 Likes
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
good new!😁
0 Likes
Members_YBzLaec
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Along with all of these points, there is a small adjustment you need to check because I did all this and still had the issue and was about to just uninstall it all and start over...when I noticed this and it fixed it for me.  In the Gmail App:  three lines top left >  Settings > email account > Notifications...make sure the 'All' button is chosen...as sometimes it can be set to only 'High Importance'.  This was on the Samsung S22+.  Hope this helps someone. 

0 Likes