Original topic:

Battery protection modes not working correctly

(Topic created: Saturday)
BigusDicus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone figured out the bug in the new battery protection modes? And clearing the cache does not help. 

The maximum 80% works fine

The basic charges to 100% and never drops as specified. 

Adaptive doesn't work. Charges to 100% and stays there. 

All updates have been applied to the phone. Patch june 2024 and latest UI one installed too
4 Replies
eBilly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The adaptive charging feature works based on your sleep patterns. It can detect when you are asleep and when you are not. When it knows your sleep patterns well enough, it usually won't charge your phone past 85% while you are asleep. However, when it knows your usual wake-up time, it will charge your phone to about 95-100% so that it has enough charge to last the day.

This feature seems to be experimental at the moment, as the results vary from day to day, at least for me. I have considered going back to using the maximum charging setting just to be safe.
BigusDicus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It doesn't work. Been using it for a few weeks after I found that the basic protection does not work either. Phone gets to 100% on basic. Supposed to stop charging and drop to 95% and then start charging to 100% again. I watched a few 2hr youtube movies and on basic it never dropped to even 99%. So clearly that feature does not work
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Adaptive works as it is intended for me I put my phone on my wireless charger before I go to bed if I wake up in the middle of the night it will be around 80% but when I wake up at my usual time it will be around 100% as how @eBilly stated it works
0 Likes
BigusDicus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe because you have a wireless charger. I don't. If you don't mind what time do go to bed. I want to recreate what you do with my wall charger. I have had my phone at 100% unplugged and it barely dropped 10% over 5 to 6 hours. Maybe I will try leaving a long youtube video going and check it. But mine appears to always keep it at 100% when plugged in all night. And I do wakeup and look at it to check. It's an s22 ultra. Not sure if that matters
0 Likes