JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black bars at the bottom and top

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 11:37 AM)
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Surely I am not the only one bothered by samsungs choice in noches when we open a app we see that on the top and bottom samsung makes to app smaller so it could hide to hole punch and and the lower part to house the home botton /line I think that instead off being insecure about there hole punch the should embrace it by letting the hole punch by default and the homelike look like the ios home line literally a line unlike the samsungs line in a line

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Turn off gesture hints to completely remove the bar in settings>display>navigation. The fact that it has a buffer space is entirely on Google, as Samsung's up swipe gestures don't have that buffer.
The top bars behavior is decided by the app, but you can force it in settings>display>full screen apps as well as do some configuration in the camera cutout section found immediately under full screen apps

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I've read your post about a dozen times in my head hurts because it makes no sense whatsoever. Are you saying the hole punch bothers you and you want more bezel on the bottom so that it can contain the home button? If you used proper English, proper grammar, proper spelling, and proper punctuation, this would certainly make it easier to express yourself and for people to understand what you are saying.
0 Likes
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Good, I thought u was having a seizure or a stroke. šŸ˜
0 Likes
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm say when you download an app there are two black bars on the top and bottom
0 Likes
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Look at the bottom and topScreenshot_20220925-134951_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220925-140553_McDonald's.jpg
0 Likes
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The line is to swipe up and leave the app the line is not what bothers me it is the line behind that line
0 Likes
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Turn off gesture hints to completely remove the bar in settings>display>navigation. The fact that it has a buffer space is entirely on Google, as Samsung's up swipe gestures don't have that buffer.
The top bars behavior is decided by the app, but you can force it in settings>display>full screen apps as well as do some configuration in the camera cutout section found immediately under full screen apps
0 Likes
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The top bar I have solved I am just say it should be set as default in my opinion
0 Likes
Leo_687
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
But the gesture hints did help thanks