JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calendar didn't copy over to new phone

(Topic created: 08-16-2022 01:12 AM)
LVoigt2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, I just got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S22, which is an upgrade from my Galaxy A20. Before buying the S22, I synched and backed up all my services, including Calendar. The phone store brought everything over successfully, except when I open Calendar, it's empty except for birthdays. I see my Samsung, Google and Outlook calendars in the drop-down list, and it says they're active, but when I hit Synch Now, still nothing but a few birthdays. How do I populate it with all of my calendar entries?!?
5 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Try to go to settings, then accounts and backup, then manage accounts. Make sure that "auto sync data" is checked. In there tap on email address of each account that you need and then tap sync account. Then check all toggles and also see when they last updated. You can even turn toggles off and then on to make sure.

LVoigt2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I wouldn't have thought of the main phone settings, this was a brilliant idea. I followed it to the letter and I was sure it would work, but it didn't, my calendar still just has a few birthdays on it. Do you have any other thoughts? I really appreciate your help!
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you updated all the apps via Play Store and Galaxy Store?

Maybe try accessing your Google and outlook calendars through a PC and see if everything is showing there properly.

Additionally, you can try to reset data of your current calendar app. Just tap and hold on calendar app shortcut and on the pop-up tap on the "i" mark. Then tap force stop button and then scroll down to storage and clear data. Test your calendar.

Also try downloading Google Calendar app and set it up.

LVoigt2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This worked! Thank you SO MUCH. Appreciate you!
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Great! You can accept my suggestion as a solution so others could benefit from it too.

0 Likes