JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I add Spotify to lock screen

(Topic created: 05-03-2022 10:11 PM)
userYuUg88cb2E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I have been trying to add spotify to my lock screen, as I did this with previous phones but i am unable to get this to happen.

Has anyone added it to the lock screen? Can this still be added? I hate having to unlock my phone everytime I'd like to skip a song.

Thanks

4 Replies
Xyayne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The Spotify widget should appear on your lock screen automatically when you're playing a song. If you're talking about the widgets menu, then tap the clock on the lock screen, scroll down, click settings, and then turn on the music widget.

Just a quick note I'm on the S22 Ultra, so I don't know if this will work on other devices. It should work on other similar Samsung devices too though.

I hope this helps.
Members_wtFTJgg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Losing my mind trying to figure this out also. I've gone through a million different steps including notifications, reinstalling, media output, apps that are sleeping, etc. 

Solution
user0SaEpeAXQV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This worked for me:

Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications > turn on Show Notifications > Notification categories > turn on Playback.

user4qpMxMyYgP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Brilliant!!! Simple solution, but It worked after turning on the notification for my Spotify.  Thank you so much

0 Likes