JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Assign Specific Ringtone to Contact or Group

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:47 PM)
userSDlG0wNAZJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

From looking through the posts, this seems to be a problem with Samsung newer phones.  I've tried the suggestions from those posts and they don't work for the S22 Ultra.  Does anyone know how to assign a specific ringtone to a group?  Failing that, how do I assign a unique ringtone to a contact?  I want to know when family is calling, but can't change the ringtone for one contact without it changing for all contacts.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Go into contacts, click on specific contact, click on pencil ( edit) ...scroll all the way down...click view more... scroll down to ring tone. Customize it to your liking 👍
userSDlG0wNAZJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
LexieHall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
As for group ringtones: Go to Contacts App 》Find your groups (the 3 horizontal lines on top left) 》Select a group 》click the edit button (the pen icon) 》 Select group ringtone (may have to allow permissions for media) 》choose a ringtone to your liking. ☺️
userSDlG0wNAZJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you!  I upgraded from a Galaxy 7 (I know - ancient) and wasn't aware of pen icon to edit.  This worked.

LexieHall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, anytime. We have to look out for our fellow astronauts.
0 Likes
Members_MFTeWWF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I specified a ringtone for a contact and then a group, but my S22 STILL uses the default. I tried both contact and group, and also rebooted my phone hoping that the reset would fix it. No luck.