JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get Android 13 update on my Galaxy S22 Ultra unlocked version

(Topic created: 04-06-2023 06:01 AM)
userqPjstdROzG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I just bought a unlocked at&t Galaxy S22 Ultra and I am using it on my Tmobile service right now and I can't get it to update to Android 13 and when I check for the software update it says it's up to date on the android 12 version. Can anyone help me with getting it upgraded to Android 13? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userqPjstdROzG The issue is that your phone currently has AT&T firmware on it and you won't find an update of that on T-Mobile's update server. 

The solution is one of the following:

• Temporarily insert an AT&T SIM into your phone and check for updates on Wifi. The AT&T SIM card does not have to have live service. When you insert the SIM card the phone will read and load the AT&T update servers. When you check for an update on Wifi, it will find the AT&T firmware update that you are looking for.
  • The other solution is to reflash the phone with either unlocked firmware OR T-Mobile firmware. Then you will find an update on T-Mobile's update server. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

You can try installing SmartSwitch on your PC/Mac computer, and seeing if it will locate and install an update.  Other that that, you might want to reach out to T-Mobile and see if they can help as the device is now set to use their OTA servers, and it is their servers telling you that no update was found.

userqPjstdROzG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
OK I will try to call T-Mobile and see what they say. Thank You
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. I'd suggest you flash the unlocked firmware using Odin.
userqPjstdROzG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
OK, thank you
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userqPjstdROzG The issue is that your phone currently has AT&T firmware on it and you won't find an update of that on T-Mobile's update server. 

The solution is one of the following:

• Temporarily insert an AT&T SIM into your phone and check for updates on Wifi. The AT&T SIM card does not have to have live service. When you insert the SIM card the phone will read and load the AT&T update servers. When you check for an update on Wifi, it will find the AT&T firmware update that you are looking for.
  • The other solution is to reflash the phone with either unlocked firmware OR T-Mobile firmware. Then you will find an update on T-Mobile's update server.