JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get Samsung messages to work on my S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 06-01-2022 02:41 AM)
ChristinaMH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've had my Ultra s22 for a few months now. Still not liking or getting used to the Google messaging. Hate that it's the default. Tried a million different times to get the Samsung messenger, but doesn't let me. Guess I better get used to it. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It's google messages but it's different then other google.messages it's Samsungs own version of google.messsges
Sdg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh wow interesting I'll have to look that up
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
They are the only ones that have their own version of google.messsges other than Google lol
Sdg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Just watch the Youtube video on that sorry you're having problems with it because I've been waiting for Samsung to merge the messaging app for at least 2 years now I know a lot of people that have Android and not necessarily Samsung can't wait for it to come on the Note 20 and hopefully it doesn't come over with the same bugs. Hope you find a solution to your problem
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have that version. I have a s21 ultra and I have the same Google messages everyone else has other than people with s22 models. And I hope it doesn't switch over because I'm very happy with non Samsung version of Google messages
0 Likes
ChristinaMH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm sure eventually they will get all the kinks out. Thanks.
0 Likes
red1yul0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried disabling/deleting the google messenger app? I noticed you never said whether you tried that.
0 Likes
ChristinaMH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yup I've tried that. I've spent hrs trying to switch to Samsungs SMS. I've tried the above instructions several times. I've tried every which way. Oh well. 🤷‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
red1yul0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow, that's odd. I bought my S22 just yesterday on the 31st of May, and one of the first things I did was disable/delete the google sms app. I wonder if it's forced on and to the default if you don't have google itself disabled?
0 Likes
ChristinaMH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It's the default. They r slowly trying to get rid of SMS messenging, to go RCS messenging. So I will just get used to it.
0 Likes