Original topic:

Disable Samsung Internet

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Ali13798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Does anyone know how to disable the Samsung internet web browser app on Android 14 and OneUI 6.0? 
4 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello,

I don't think there is an option to disable it, but you can use another browser and set it as a default browser. Go to Settings>Apps>Samsung Internet>Under the Defaults tab, select another browser as the default one.

There is also under the Privacy tab an option to Discontinue Samsung Browser, but I am not sure of what it does.

Hope this helps.
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Even if you set Chrome as the default browser certain ads, etc will pop up on the samsung browser. Samsung is like Microsoft with that stuff.
0 Likes
JustJeffAK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Whenever I open a web page link from my secure folder it automatically chooses Samsung Internet browser and I cannot figure out how to make it choose my default Google Chrome

Hugh Perry
0 Likes
Ali13798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for your suggestion Sergio. I like to keep the default clear so that I can choose different browsers based on what I open, but it looks like one browser must be set as the default. So that led me to install an app called "better open with" which does not have any spooky permissions, and let's me set it as the default to handle the pop up dialog box.

I do agree that more and more companies are starting to force their products on the customers whether they want it or not, so hopefully enough people will complain to not let it happen.

Anyways, hope the solution you provided along with the app I mentioned helps others in the same situation.
0 Likes