JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Do not disturb self activates throughout the day

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 08:50 PM)
userFHRbv9Hvqq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The do not disturb feature self activates throughout the day, when not scheduled. I see this when I pull down notifications. I then have to turn off the feature until it turns on again by itself. This is frustrating because I am afraid I will miss an important call or text if it is silenced unexpectedly.  

I have an S22+. Interestingly, I had the same problem with my last phone, a Note 10. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
userFHRbv9Hvqq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Okay, I did that. I will report back with results. 

userFHRbv9Hvqq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Update: I turned off the battery setting and it did not help the issue. But what I noticed later was that there is some sort of clear connection between Google Maps and DND. I repeatedly turned off DND and it self-activated immediately. I will need to experiment with this more. 

0 Likes
Birdnose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have noticed it happening from time to time and do not use Google Maps at all.
0 Likes
userFHRbv9Hvqq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

One thing I have noticed is that this doesn't happen on weekends. Then again, I don't use Google Maps on weekends. Still have to work on seeing if there is a connection. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand your concerns with your concerns on the DND feature being turned on while using your Google Maps. Let's see if we can get this worked out! You can disable this feature by doing the following steps,

settings > apps > three dots > special access > do not disturb permission > disable both google and google play services

and

settings > google (google services) > personal safety > disable silence notification while driving. 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the community and I hope this helps!

0 Likes