Original topic:

Double finger swipe access when phone is locked with passcode

(Topic created: Monday)
Kels421
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Curious if anyone else has stumbled upon what seems to be a security click on the S22 ULTRA. My son (11) was trying to "hack" into my lock phone and was sucessful in gaining full access without the passcode or fingerprint. 

He simply swiped up from the bottom left (touching the phone/call icon) and then again on bottom mid/right rather quickly and the phone just before the lock pin/finger print appears and the phone will unlock. I was able to fix the issue on my S24 Ultra, but the problem remains on my friends S22 Ultra. 

Any fix to this?

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an s24 plus and tried to replicate what you described and couldn't, thankfully. I've never heard of that before. Hopefully someone with an S22 ultra may know for you.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Can't duplicate on the A54, but then I don't keep the phone call icon on my lock screen.  Wonder if that has something to do with it.

0 Likes
Kels421
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I removed the call icon as I thought that was the issue for her. No fix for there.
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
To address the issue where your friend's S22 Ultra can be unlocked without the passcode or fingerprint, first check the lock screen settings in Settings under Lock screen and ensure all security options are set correctly. Disable or adjust any gestures in Settings under Advanced features and Motions and gestures that might be causing the bypass. Update the phone's software via Settings under Software update, and consider resetting the lock screen settings by removing and re-adding security options
0 Likes
Kels421
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you! We'll try this and circle back. It's a very weird thing, as doesn't always work only 50% so it is likely a gesture causing the bypass
0 Likes