Original topic:

Easy way to access Samsung Passwords?

(Topic created: a week ago)
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a way to add a shortcut or a widget to Samsung password Log-ins like before? It is extremely annoying to go through the wallet or keyboard just to access my passwords so I can use them on another device. Anyone have any suggestions? Or can it be implemented? It's driving me insane! TY. 
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. That's how I currently have to do it. I was hoping for a shortcut directly to the sign-in info as we had before 6.0. I guess that's still not possible. Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.
Options
Galaxy S22
I use Microsoft Authenticator app and it is simple to login to whatever app you use. It really simplifies the process. Plus it locks all your passwords down. Just sayin.
Options
Galaxy S22
Microsoft Authenticator app has bio thumbprint easy access and stores your passwords.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@SammyLuvr I use the password manager named 1Password. It is cross platform and instantly syncs between my devices. Also allows you to set up shared passwords for your SO if you so desire. 

bsims1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
this is a great idea. it is not user friendly and unintuitive in its current work flow
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I do have authenticator apps. And I suppose that there is no way to put a shortcut to Samsung Pass alone that takes you to the sign in info with a fingerprint. That's 2 steps, 1, click on shortcut and 2, use your fingerprint and U can see your passwords. Now I have to go through Wallet, fingerprint, click and scroll and scroll and select and fingerprint again. Obnoxiously timing me out on my other devices. šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you all so kindly for the suggestions. I do appreciate it.
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung doesn't always innovate intuitively. Every update removes those things I loved Samsung for. Ah well.
0 Likes
Spunkylittledude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
When making a new password, your device hldhould say "Save new password?" If not there might be something wrong with your settings.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

You could always go to Samsung Pass and choose export your data.  It will create a file with your login data. When you export, it will ask for a password to protect it and download it to your file manager.  The fact that it needs to be password protected, probably means it's an easily readable file.  

Once the file is in the file manager, locate it and select it, then go to the menu and choose "add to home screen".  You have now created a shortcut to your password protected file.  That should minimize the time it takes to locate your passwords and how many clicks it takes.