JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edited Picture Replaces Original

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 08:50 AM)
userzyiODL8VHP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't remember this being an issue with any other galaxy phone I've had. The Samsung picture editor or whatever picture editor option is built into the gallery saves the now edited picture over the original. I need that to stop! I want to keep the original picture and the edited one. Can anyone help?

7 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Instead of hitting the 'save', tap the 'more' icon (three verticle dots), then 'Save as copy'.

I got a notification after restarting the app after the update that this was a change.
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
First, you can always revert a picture back to the original, so there's really no need to keep both. But if you want to, after you make your changes, tap on the three dots on the bottom right-hand corner which will bring up another menu dialogue where you can choose save as.
userzyiODL8VHP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you both. I feel dumb, but It used to automatically save as a copy before. I didn't think I'd have to manually do so.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
No reason to feel dumb. They've just made it easier to point-and-shoot, edit, and share. You can always revert the original photo to he way it was.
0 Likes
userKBV8sYd6tx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

But it didn't make it easier!  Now it is 2 steps to save as a copy when it used to do so automatically!  The revert option greys out after while.  

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Agreed, it's kind of bassackwards. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userO2YzzCJiQS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It's an annoying extra step.