Original topic:

Feature Request: Add the ability to mark a message "unread" in Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Dynamaus1000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I know there already exists the request to add emoji reactions to your message app. Please definitely do. Please also add the ability to mark a message unread. It prevents me from forgetting to respond to texts. 

6 Replies
Avenger12PR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
This is very needed.
JRbowling1997
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
This and RCS instead of having to use Google Messages
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Not happening, Google owns the platform, their rules. RCS features are being stripped from Samsung Messages! Carriers don't want to maintain massive servers for texting anymore, it's expensive.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You might as well switch to Google messages unfortunately. Samsung is slowly doing away with its messages app. Google has already started being the default in some devices and regions. My S22 Ultra came with both apps installed, but Google's was set as the default out of the box.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
The handwriting is on the wall, and Samsung Messages may never officially be discontinued. However, Samsung and Carriers are removing features.

All new features will be available in Google Messages. The choice is yours. Do you want a feature-rich texting app or a visually appealing texting app with no features?
0 Likes
ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung messages is deprecated at this moment, use Google messages, it has more features and I know it looks a little bit ugly but it's the new default for a reason.