Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra Slow after One UI 6.1 Update

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 10:11 PM)
User2319
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is happening to any other Galaxy S22 Ultra users, but it is for me. Has anyone else noticed that the phone is extremely slow after the One UI 6.1 update? It seems like the new AI features is taking a toll on the performance of my phone. And yes, I have done everything to help my phone perform better like optimizing my battery, etc.

Has anyone else notice this too? It's unfortunately given that the phone is only 2 years old...

Pamperedpaws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The issue I've had since this update is its knocked me off of the network. I can only use my phone if on wifi. Have been to tmobile 4x already. After replacing physical sim 2x and also trying an esim still same issue. After 24 hrs I received another update that reports to fix bugs from the first update and I'm still with same issue. This has been a week of aggravation. And now I'm told I have to wait for another update fix. Ridiculous. Anyone else having network connectivity issues. My battery also been draining.
Handsoffmydata
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

You are not alone

Pamperedpaws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This is so frustrating. I'm not about to upgrade to a new phone. I've had my 22 ultra for 2yrs and it's still brand new. But not to be able to use it unless on wifi is ridiculous
0 Likes
Members_4LacNVb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue and verizon has diagnosed my phone and is recommending a new or replacement phone 

Pamperedpaws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for the reply. I just think that its so ridiculous that Samsung sends out the updates to perfectly working phones, just to screw them up, so you're then forced to replace it. My phone is only 2yrs old and was working great.
0 Likes
DennisJG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue with it and my service is AT&T @samsung needs to fix this. It's total b.s.
0 Likes
shortnirish1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine is slow as well. Even opening the camera takes longer. I am also now receiving pixelated photos from iPhone friends (this wasn't an issue before unless it was a video). Frustrating as I just finished paying it off. I swear it's because they want us to buy new ones so the updates are filled with things that make the phones underperform on purpose. :heavy_dollar_sign:
0 Likes
annoyed24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes my camera is extremely slow and this is extremely annoying because it is messing with my work. They forced me to update my phone and bull **bleep** is happening
0 Likes
maxi1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,
Same issues mentioned above, I really hope Samsung will deploy a fix soon or I'll simply give up on their phones.
I'm not spending $1K every 2 years

0 Likes
inSohmniac
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I was having the same issue on my Fold 4. It was driving me crazy! But I noticed if I tried typing anything too quickly, the Accessibility > Vision Enhancements > Magnification pop-up would open randomly. So I disabled it, and now my phones back to normal in every app. Someone did something stupid with that feature in the update and ruined my phone experience. Hopefully, they fix it.

But, I, too, initially thought it was the AI features, even though none of them were enabled , so I started there first. But the 3-tap magnification feature turned out to be the culprit for me. I hope it's that simple for everyone else!

Good luck!
0 Likes