Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra Slow after One UI 6.1 Update

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 10:11 PM)
User2319
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is happening to any other Galaxy S22 Ultra users, but it is for me. Has anyone else noticed that the phone is extremely slow after the One UI 6.1 update? It seems like the new AI features is taking a toll on the performance of my phone. And yes, I have done everything to help my phone perform better like optimizing my battery, etc.

Has anyone else notice this too? It's unfortunately given that the phone is only 2 years old...

28 Replies
SamuraiDan24bjj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a Galaxy A54 and everything has slowed down. Especially streaming music and using maps at the same time. YouTube is slow as well. I just bought this phone and hasn't been a year! I hope the next update fixes this!
0 Likes
Cynfulbeauty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes my phone has been slow I have to tap it numerous times to get it to work it freezes now and it was perfect before the update I don't think these phones are equipped to handle this AI functionality
0 Likes
saschanaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Have you checked Settings->Battery? The battery is being consumed for no reason, the battery usage from apps are less than half of the total usage, something is shadily consuming all the power.

0 Likes
informent
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I know this might be random but a lot of people might not realize this but most phones nowadays are specifically designed so that the government can spy on you and unfortunately that uses a lot of battery in the background without people realize what's going on
0 Likes
uservGYwmCBRvG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue for me. Updated to UI 6.1 and now every app is slow and loading a web page even takes forever. S22 ULTRA now feels like a piece of junk when it was great a few weeks ago. 

saschanaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I got a new update yesterday and so far so good, seems they fixed it.

0 Likes
DennisJG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
What service provider are you?
0 Likes
Ahmedmakki91
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Specially when pressing power button to turn on locked screen. It takes longer time to work. 

0 Likes
G-Man1998
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This is true for my S22 Ultra is lagging too after the update. It might be because my s22 ultra is 2 years old.
0 Likes