JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery 14.1.02.0 Won't Autorotate

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 04:30 PM)
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
After updating Gallery to the latest version 14.1.02.0, images no longer autorotate when I rotate the phone from portrait to landscape.
8 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 Ultra here with Gallery 14.1.02.0. Auto rotate works exactly how it is intended on my phone.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine works too on Note20 Ultra
0 Likes
useroE4Da1HgUo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same problem, auto rotate is not working. Current gallery version 14.1.02.0. I have the S22 Ultra.
frangoooch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here s22 ultra...I uninstalled updates to confirm.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I am sorry to hear of the auto rotate feature not working on that specific version of Gallery app, and can understand the annoyance. If rolling back the version corrects the behavior, that can definitely be a temporary workaround while also doing some troubleshooting. 

We can see if a third-party application may be responsible for the behavior. Use the guide for Safe Mode, which is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Next, I would try clearing your device's cache partition. Your files will be fine doing this:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, if the above troubleshooting hasn’t helped, you can try a factory reset, which while it will wipe your device of everything on it, you can see in the guide there's a link to an article as well detailing how to back up your files. Give the guide a look for a factory reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

0 Likes
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions. I was finally able to get autorotate working again in the Gallery app using a different technique. I deleted the existing Gallery Home screen shortcut icon (which was working fine up until 14.1.02.0) and then created a new Gallery shortcut by dragging the Gallery app to the Home screen from the App Drawer. I am using The Nova7 launcher on Snapdragon.
SamZelidar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That didn't work for me, but thanks to you, I now know that the Nova 7 launcher is messing with the auto-rotate function of the Gallery app. I had "Screen orientation" set to "Default", and now I set it to "Auto-rotate". Gallery now auto rotates as expected, but so does the entire home screen. Here using a S23 Ultra.

userqTeGoho47c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes it works on my S23 Ultra. Thanks for your information

0 Likes