JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery - Hide/Remove Recent album?

(Topic created: 11-06-2022 03:53 PM)
Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Every since the latest update, it added a recent (and favorite) album. 

Any way to hide or remove it? It shows all my pics...which is pretty much what the "pictures" tab is for. I see no point in this album.

I see nothing in Labs since it doesnt show One UI 4.x options...
13 Replies
Str8shooter
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
After the Latest update on my Samsung Galaxy S22...I have a Recent and favorite album! The Recent Album just Duplicates any photo I already have! Or Duplicates any photo I download or if I take a photo Boom there is 2 of them now...1 on my camera and 1 on Recent photos! This is very Aggravating...how do I get rid of the Recent Photo album without Deleting every Photo on my phone??
user1RcLmb4Jxv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same question.
J1GH79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Open Gallery, and select the three dot menu (top right).  "Select Albums to show" and un-tick the ones you wish to hide

0 Likes
Mack50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hiding the Recent Album may remove the Album from being shown in Gallery but are all those photos and videos in the Recent Album (which are ALL the photos/videos you have on your phone), taking up double the storage space on your phone or are the photos/videos in the Recent Album just links to the originals and not taking up double the space?

There is an additional problem that many people will not know that deleting photos from the Recent Album also deletes the photos from the photos original Album.  I see the real possibility of a lot of very angry Samsung users because they deleted ALL the photos and videos on their phone accidently.

Taz1959
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Does not work for recent album
Solution
WillyNilly90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the solution. Open your gallery and click the 3 lines on the bottom right. Next click settings then turn off Select albums to show. The recent and favorite folders will dissappear from your albums page
users8lbQy5itk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yess but my my question is if those pictures still take memory from my phone?
StrangePanda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
No, recent is just a shortcut to all your recent pictures in 1 place.
Members_ytzmub2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

thank you so much. samsung should never have made an update that does things you dont want or need unless the user initiates it