JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pass - possible bug maybe?

(Topic created: 03-06-2024 05:42 PM)
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Recently during recent updates to my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone, I've noticed something odd with Samsung Pass.

When I am simply writing a product review using Amazon app, the Samsung Pass displays instead of the predictive text.

And it won't go away. So it causes me to struggle writing up my review (helping me with spell check and etc.). -- Compared to just now writing up this post here, it isn't displaying, it simply just shows the predictive text.

I'd like to learn how to turn it off, so it doesn't affect me when writing up my product reviews on Amazon.

I think it shouldn't even be displayed during that activity of writing up product reviews, right?

Below I provide a screenshot, when Samsung Pass displays when I click inside the text box to write up my review.

Note I'm using Gboard keyboard, but it also shows up using the default Samsung keyboard -- even though I do have an X next to it to remove it, but on Gboard I don't have that ability:

Gboard keyboard

Samsung keyboard 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Open Samsung Wallet>select the Menu tab at the bottom>select the cog wheel Settings symbol top right>toggle off "Autofill with keyboard."

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Open Samsung Wallet>select the Menu tab at the bottom>select the cog wheel Settings symbol top right>toggle off "Autofill with keyboard."
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the tip, but will that change cause it to not show up when I do need to login into something?

But I'll still give it a try for now...
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
You should still receive the pop-up sign-in in prompts. This just removes Samsung Pass access from the keyboard itself.
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I see what you mean, the pop up appears every time I select a text box on the Amazon app. (See screenshot)

It is quite annoying... Hopefully someone fixes this bizarre behavior.

1709777328033.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
To avoid this, double tap when selecting the text field.