JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Wallet doesn't work after last S22 Ultra update

(Topic created: 05-29-2023 10:32 AM)
dejvi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

After last update, I've found out that I cannot pay by phone. I've opened up Google Wallet and it says that my device doesn't meet security requirements. I've also checked Google Play Protect certification which now says that Device is not certified.

Some other apps like Netflix or Samsung apps cannot be updated through Google Play because of this.

I don't have any custom ROM or have my phone rooted. Only thing is that I've changed my CSC some a few months ago, but everything was working till now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how important it is for your Google Pay to be working! 

Try heading to Settings > About phone > Software information > Google Play system update to see if this helps.

If that does not help I would suggest reaching out to where you purchased the device. If your device is international that may be the reason why your Google Pay is not working as well. 

The next thing I would suggest is to submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
Dav1403
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same here 

0 Likes
-Misfit-
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I did the update and have not had any issues. You could try a factory restore and see if it resolves your issue. You can also use odin and reinstall the update.
0 Likes
Andr11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

It seems to me that the problem is relevant only for the SEK region

0 Likes
GEORGEMO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

SAME HERE. CHANGE CSC TO SEK A WHILE AGO, WAS USING GPAY INSTEAD OF SAMSUNG PAY AS ITS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SEK. ANY ADVICE?

0 Likes
-Misfit-
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung Pay is regional.
0 Likes
mikelos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same thing S22 Ultra

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
my S22U is up to date, and I have no problems using Google Wallet
0 Likes
mahm87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having the same problems as you, upgraded phone even to S23 and switched from ATT to Visible by Verizon. Last suggestion is to change my number. I'm not ready to try that.
0 Likes
Shanat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello I have a s22 ultra and about a week ago my Google wallet stopped working. It says the phone does not meet security requirements however I have done nothing new to it since it last worked. I saw previous messages from May where people had this issue but I didn't until now. Any help would be appreciated