JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Wallet doesn't work after last S22 Ultra update

(Topic created: 05-29-2023 10:32 AM)
dejvi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

After last update, I've found out that I cannot pay by phone. I've opened up Google Wallet and it says that my device doesn't meet security requirements. I've also checked Google Play Protect certification which now says that Device is not certified.

Some other apps like Netflix or Samsung apps cannot be updated through Google Play because of this.

I don't have any custom ROM or have my phone rooted. Only thing is that I've changed my CSC some a few months ago, but everything was working till now.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
This should be able to be fixed by a software update on the wallets app and phone software. Note if you are on beta or have unlocked your device run 3rd party software the wallets will not work
0 Likes
Shanat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have checked both the wallet app and my phone and they both are up to date. I'm not sure what beta means but I've done nothing to change the phone and  its not unlocked

0 Likes
userboCeaihgI8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue. I am able to use Samsung pay instead though. Says device not certified in Play Protect Certification. What a load can't even use my google play store credits. All the while Samsung points fingers at Google and Google points fingers at Samsung FML.

userboCeaihgI8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This is because of one ui beta program. I am on 5 but can't uninstall it because I changed service providers already messaged mod but they can't find my account might have to wipe entire phone
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how important it is for your Google Pay to be working! 

Try heading to Settings > About phone > Software information > Google Play system update to see if this helps.

If that does not help I would suggest reaching out to where you purchased the device. If your device is international that may be the reason why your Google Pay is not working as well. 

The next thing I would suggest is to submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes