JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google play installing or updating apps very slowly

(Topic created: 08-25-2022 12:39 AM)
LugiaDaryl27
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
I am currently experiencing this on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue but for some odd reason when I install a app or update a app in the Google Play Store, the installing time or the update time is installing or updating very slowly, and what I mean by that is, It takes forever just to update or install something, I would say it takes about 1 or 2 minutes to install or update my app on the Play Store, is anyone experience this issue? Because I think the Google Play Store is having or experiencing bug issues, feedback helps alot, Many Thanks, please let me know what I can do to fix this issue when downloading or installing apps, it's takes 1 or 2 minute to install even if it's a small app, download times and installing times takes 1 to 2 minutes depending on the app

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cali8702
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Open Settings.

Select Apps.

Tap on the 3-dots menu (or alternative menus) and choose to Show system apps.

Open Play Store.

Tap Force Stop.

Select Storage.

Tap Clear cache.

Repeat the action for Google Play Services and Google Services Framework.

Restart your Android and check for improvements in download speeds.

View solution in context

5 Replies
cali8702
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine have been doing that too and I switched it to download over wifi or phone . Sometimes it's strictly wifi and it can be slow. Check your settings in Google play store for it. Settings and network preferences.
LugiaDaryl27
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Will do! Thanks
0 Likes
Solution
cali8702
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Open Settings.

Select Apps.

Tap on the 3-dots menu (or alternative menus) and choose to Show system apps.

Open Play Store.

Tap Force Stop.

Select Storage.

Tap Clear cache.

Repeat the action for Google Play Services and Google Services Framework.

Restart your Android and check for improvements in download speeds.

cali8702
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Try this if the first fix doesn't do it
0 Likes
goofydood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have found a better way to fix this issue via the video provided below. Disable that option. After you have completed the steps you should test out the install speed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HN7v2TSLnDihyaTymRLysiftPd71qUHa/view?usp=drivesdk