JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I connect my new s22 ultra with my old iPhone's lightening cable?

(Topic created: 01-22-2023 01:38 PM)
NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

I am trying to some sort of adapter or cable to connect my iPhone 7 lightening cable to my S22 Ultra's cable so I can by the correct adapter or connector or whatever it is called.   I need it to transfer all compatible data from my iPhone 7 to my brand new s22 ultra through Samsung's Smart Switch.   I have wirelessly transferred some through my icloud,  but there's a lot of stuff that can't be transferred wirelessly. 

I am not having much luck. 

Any help and/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@NC4 You do not have to use a cable from Apple. 

1m means that the cable is 1 meter (~39 inches) in length. 

The cable would connect directly to each phone. It eliminates the need for an adapter. 

I found reference to such a cable in Samsung's Smart Switch FAQs. 

You would use Samsung's Smart Switch to transfer your info from one phone to another. 

NC4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

@LongHiker  Thanks for the great info!!

Will that cable transfer prettymuch everything?

Eliminating an adapter seems smart.  So why do you think they suggest using an adapter?  Does an adapter exist? Is one faster than the other?

I hope it transfers quickly because my iPhone's battery doesn't last long.  Do you know if you have to stop a transfer because your battery died, would you have to restart the transfer all over again? 

I don't know anything about phones that are not iPhones.   

Do I need to take out my SIM card before I transfer everything?   Right now my iPhone is still active.  Is there any things that I should do first? 

I saw a lot of comments complaining about the recent update,  should I be worried? 

Thank you so much @LongHiker , I really appreciate the your help.  

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@NC4 Samsung's Smart switch does a great job of transferring information from your old phone to the new phone. I've never used it with an iPhone but I would expect your crucial info to be transferred. 

An adapter is suggested since many people already have the 2 cables and simply need a device to connect the 2. There is no noticeable file transfer speed difference between adapter or single cable. 

If a transfer is stopped part way through the process, you would need to restart it. An alternative might be to select custom from the Smart Switch options and only do a partial transfer. Then on your next transfer select items which weren't selected before. Continue until you get all the items transferred. 

You need to go into iMessage settings and turn off iMessage. If you don't, you won't get any messages on your new phone.

My process is to move the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone. Then do the file transfer using Smart Switch. This will ensure that all text messages which come in during the transfer go to the new phone. 

Check out this link for more info: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061001/