Original topic:

How come my phone is adding apps with out permissions

(Topic created: a week ago)
danidaigle81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is adding appsvwork out permissions and game hub doesn't srop updating and i can't delete it!. It's killing my battery and my phone is less than a month old!
6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I disabled the gaming hub and have never been bothered by it.
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Your carrier automatically installs or has the phone download them. It's annoying but there is no way you can disable it. Samsung phone straight from their website don't do this. Anyways you can uninstall whatever apps you don't need/want.
MrGhoul
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I disabled Game Hub immediately upon purchasing the device during setup. Also, if you don't want apps to install apps without your permission >(disable install unknown apps). I suggest setting up auto block in the settings.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That won't stop a U.S carrier from installing apps. The only way to do that is to disable some carrier stuff with ADB commands
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Carriers only add stuff to the phones that are bought from them.  They do not add anything to factory unlocked phones.  I think there might even be something in the fine print of the carrier sales contract that states they can add software.  But, Federal law says the user has to be able to uninstall it -- unlike in the past when you were stuck with it.

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Correct. And if they are having apps installed automatically, it's reasonable to assume that it's a carrier device. And yes they are all uninstallable. But they'll come back eventually, unless you disable the carrier installer, which requires ADB commands
0 Likes