JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do i downgrade or reverse an update?

(Topic created: Tuesday)
DazzMc89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Recently my s22 updated to one ui 6.1 and its just terrible. I don't know why they keep forcing all this **bleep** onto my/our phones. all I want to do is use my social media apps and use my phone for calls and texts, I don't need a mini assistant in my pocket trying to help with every task. the phone is now slower and I've no doubt the battery will also suffer. this is the kind of thing i would expect from apple not Samsung but it appears none of them can be trusted anymore. 

does anyone know of a way to remove the bloatware and ai junk from the latest update or just remove the update altogether. I am open to using a different os if its an option 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Sorry to say but you can't downgrade the software you can turn off the AI features if you want 

Phone settings 

Advanced Features 

Advanced Intelligence

tap on each on each app and toggle it off the AI feature  

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

20 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22

Sorry to say but you can't downgrade the software you can turn off the AI features if you want 

Phone settings 

Advanced Features 

Advanced Intelligence

tap on each on each app and toggle it off the AI feature  

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

DazzMc89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

looks like its for the bin then thanks for your reply. at this rate ill be getting out the old 3210 šŸ˜‚

0 Likes
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
The short answer is no you can't downgrade an OS upgrade. The modding community used to be pretty active with custom OS mods for Samsung but with Knox on all the phones that's pretty much been abandoned by the modders. Someone may know of a S22 mod but it's not known by me. Good luck
DazzMc89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

certainly looking that way, time to change brand for me 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22

Just remember Apple, Google and all of the others are including AI in all of the phones 

DazzMc89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

yes, like I said old Nokia or something will do me just fine or I did see a device that had physical switched and modules that could be removed that looked pretty good. just because they're "all doing it" doesn't make it ok to force us into having it without choice. there are some serious privacy issues having AI on you everyday device not to mention future possibility of hackers finding new vulnerabilities. Almost as bad as windows nowadays.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

You are not actually forced into anything.  No one is twisting your arm to buy an electronic device or even a particular electronic device. If you *choose* to buy an electronic device, you certainly don't buy one that includes features you don't want. Read the specs before you choose.

DazzMc89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

FYI if I buy a device without the AI feature then it is later added to a mandatory update then I am indeed forced into it.

I bought the s22 simply because I had the s20 before, I've no interest in a sub par product like the A series phones they're junk and do not last the same or feel as good to use.

0 Likes
ImRyan
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Well you don't have to update your software if you don't like the features it's adding or you can go with a brand that doesn't have what you don't want. It's easy to look online for the info about what the update is going to do and what new features are coming to each phone with each update so you actually aren't forced to do anything. If you update without knowing what you are getting in the update that's on you for not checking. People complaining about things they don't even check into gets old. And you blame everyone and everything except for yourself for not checking and knowing what you downloaded. You aren't forced to download the software. You can turn off automatic updates and if you don't want what is in it don't update it. It's not going to be a huge difference if you don't. I've known people who haven't updated their phone for years and it doesn't hurt it or make it more vulnerable to having issues. So if you don't want the features don't update it but stop acting like you are forced to do anything. If you don't do the research and you update the software and you don't like what's in it it's still your fault. Not the companies fault. I know what's in everything I install on my phone because I do a simple search on the internet. It's not anyone's fault but yours if you download software and don't like the features because you have the opportunity to research it before and choose not to download it. No 1 does then they complain about it.