JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I can't get my phone screen to auto horizontal though it's marked for it

(Topic created: 03-29-2023 12:15 AM)
JMGalaxys8plus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
As of 03/25, I can't get my phone screen to automatically turn horizontal when I turn the phone though it is checked to do so. 
Did something happen with this last update?
5 Replies
LaDawnyeay
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
A lot happened with this last up date, not good either!!! So many nasty little annoying things!!! Some big annoying things!!
0 Likes
HONEYBUNCH123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine same thing. The phone constantly changing or rotating from portrait setting to horizontal. What is going on. Two weeks now l have this issue all day 24/7. How can it be corrected
0 Likes
missmyflipphone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hold down the portrait button and it shows some new features. Fair warning it will cause extreme annoyance and the need for a punching bag
0 Likes
Jameswalter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Rebooting an Android phone is easy. To do so, press and hold down the Power button on your phone. Then, choose Restart from the menu that opens.

0 Likes
Solution
Karkar22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok actually this is a new feature, though not obvious. Where there used to be three options: portrait lock, swivel from portrait to horizontal depending on how the phone senses you are looking at it (auto rotate), and landscape lock.
Now there are two options: look and auto rotate (swivel). I believe the default mode is portrait. To get the phone to lock into horizontal view, do this...
Hit the lock button (where it says 'portrait, be sure it shows the auto rotate button.
Turn your phone sideways so it shows a horizontal or landscape view.
Hit the button again while in landscape( horizontal) view and it should lock into landscape view.
To change the options for auto rotate, hard press the button. Screenshot_20230404_123118_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230404_123021_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230404_125720_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230404_132629_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes