JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I can't swipe up and go to the home screen anymore after the android 14 update. I have to close the app first to open a new app

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 12:58 AM)
nikkierway
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I can't swipe up and go to the home screen anymore after the android 14 update. I have to close the app first to open a new app. I used to be able to minimize the app, hit home screen to open a new app. Now when I minimize and hit the home screen, it opens that app back up instead of letting me see my home screen. Basically it isn't letting the app hide while I do other things anymore

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The gesture bar needs a shorter up swipe than before to go home. Switch to "swipe up from bottom" in settings>display>navigation bar

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The gesture bar needs a shorter up swipe than before to go home. Switch to "swipe up from bottom" in settings>display>navigation bar
BayytheJaybaby1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for the tip. I updated today and this **bleep** happened. Now my phone works like normal.

0 Likes
Witwolf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for the info. Its now a quick swipe up to get to the homescreen. I much much prefer the old way as I'm sure most people do. Lol
0 Likes
Cynthia63
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same issue!!! 😡

BearLouise
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have been having this exact issue for weeks and have been scouring the internet trying to find a fix. 😫 I just switched back to Samsung after having a Google phone for 5 years and I'm sort of regretting it. I finally found this thread and it didn't help. 😢

PlantLife
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I used to be able to swipe up on the left to minimize any app, and then tap beside it to go to the home screen or whatever screen was behind it. Now it just opens the app back up.