Options
Galaxy S22
Didn't work
0 Likes
myrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
From the message app look for the three dots on the top right corner, click on trash, should be in there.
0 Likes
Solution
Faith4Hope
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
'Messages'→ tap the 3 vertically stacked dots→'Trash'→tap & hold the texts or conversations you want to restore (you may see 'Select conversations')→'Restore'
Alternately:
tap on the conversation→'Edit'→whioe in 'Select messages' you can choose 1 or multiple (by tapping the circle(s) to the left of it/them to select) or can just select 'All' (by tapping the circle right above it to select that)→'Restore'

If they're not there, then you may be able to restore them via Samsung Backup, but it'll restore all texts that were present at the time the backup took place. If the texts in question weren't there yet or were already gone by the time the backup took place, then it won't be able to retrieve those specific texts along with all of the others that were backed up.

If this has answered &/or solved your question or problem/issue, please mark this as an accepted solution via the 3 vertically stacked dots on the top right of this comment. Thanks!
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
If you're using Google messages you won't be able to recover them.
userM1MDYUfPCX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
All of my recent text messages deleted with the new update. How can I get them back. I tried to restore but the latest back up was done after the update so it did not restore them.
0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
They're probably gone sorry 🤪
0 Likes
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You should always utilize Samsung cloud backup!
0 Likes