Galaxy S22
Is there a way to retrieve deleted text messages 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
18 Replies
userM1MDYUfPCX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
As I stated already I tried to restore it from the back up however the phone waa backed up after the update. Phone automatically backs up to the cloud every day.
0 Likes
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Ouch, then...they are gone.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
once a month, I backup my phone to my PC using Smart Switch. in the event I have a fatal error, at least I will have most of my data/content/files to restore. it's a bit of a pain, timewise, but I have it if needed.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Did you check trash in the Messages app?  Also, most times unless messages are deleted, the carrier still has them so you could try to go to settings->Apps->Messages->Storage->Clear data.  Then open messages and set it up again and wait to see if the messages repopulate from the carrier.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
tiny68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

How can I get my messages back

0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Look in the trash folder
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Which Messages app are you using, Samsung or Google messages?

People need to learn to backup not only messages but their entire device at least biweekly, if not more, to prevent these situations.

Just Sayin'
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Messages take up so little space that there is literally no reason to delete them.
Ava1951
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How can you retrieve a deleted message?
0 Likes