Original topic:

Inability to use voice to text

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
tariemac
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Going crazy with my phone lately.  Everything seems to be changing.  I pretty much use only voice to text and now can't do it.   Help!!

--no long ability to use voice to text with Google

--no microphone on my keyboard.

9 Replies
justmehere179
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
An update or new app might have tweeked your settings. Go to settings >search keyboard list and default> google keyboard and view your settings from there
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
To get the microphone back you have to go to
Phone settings
General Management
Keyboard list and default
Toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar
The microphone button is now in its new location bottom left corner
1716297227702.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Scallywag
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

What an absolutely idiotic place to put this. Who thought this was a remotely good idea?

edukessen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It shifts the whole keyboard up for no good reason. I want my bottom row to be my spacebar and other characters, not a single voice input button. Now my brain has to relearn the muscle memory of where buttons are shifted up to, or not use voice input. Thanks samsung.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can get it to work with long press on the space bar 1716428965566.jpg1716428965598.jpg1716428965637.jpg
0 Likes
edukessen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Still forces you to turn on "keyboard button on navigation bar" which shifts the keyboard up1716431710796.jpg
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep. I was just offering an alternative way to activate it. My recommendation to everyone is to use Gboard anyway. The autocorrect and typing is infinitely better inm
my opinion
0 Likes
Redtiger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you so much!
0 Likes
Lloydsworld
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I lost it as well with Samsung keyboard. I switched to Gboard and it has the microphone on toobar.