Original topic:

July Update Broke Samsung S22 Plus, Service center reinstall of Software does not work

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I installed the latest security update July,2024 on 28th july and it has caused excessive heating to a point that the phone starts to discharge while on charging and goes to 0 percent battery within 30 mins. I have done the following the fix the issue:-

1. Factory reset

2. Hard factory reset 

3. Went to the service center and go the office software reinstalled by the service center

Their official response being that they cannot do anything more as the issue is with the update and Samsung will have to fix them.

Can the samsung software update team please fix the issue as it has caused S22 plus to become un-usable.

14 Replies
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't think they care anymore for a 3 year old phone

0 Likes
user6GykrWGRKV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm stuck with trying to fix my brother's phone (Galaxy S22 Ultra).
His phone was updated to the latest July 11 patch on T-Mobile and this morning, as soon as he got to work, his phone froze, disconnected from his car and immediately went to boot looping.

It continued this for about 4 hours until the bootloader screen came up with a Security Check Fail: vbmeta(1) message. 
Now....I've talked to him and asked him if he has tried to tamper with the phone in any way trying to install any modded firmware or if he had tried to unlock the phone to put on another service and he has assured me he hasn't (my brother isn't tech savvy in any way, no knocks at him, he just isn't, which is why he tried to come to me first lol)

All of this started at 10:30am
It is now 2:23pm and it finally stopped trying to boot....it just won't boot at all now and won't accept a charge.

This was right after the firmware patch. He took the phone to T-Mobile around 11:30am and he was forced to buy a new phone and stack the lease from his previous onto his new one.

I have the phone in my possession now and would like to try and fix it, any tips would be helpful.

What I have tried until the phone became totally unresponsive
Entering Recovery Mode (FAIL - Cannot reach it)
Hard Shutdown and Restart (FAIL - Phone is completely unresponsive, even when boot looping)
Entering USB Debugging (FAIL - Unable to reach that setting to enable it)

Please let me know what I can do, this phone is basically brand new and in pristine condition.

Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Go to the service centre they can reinstall the software for you, that might fix the issue 

0 Likes
Samsung_4UevDPd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My Galaxy S22 Ultra started doing this as well. I updated the phone, and then the next day on May 25th it just shut off while I was using it and went into the continuous boot loop. It did this for a few days and I could not get the phone to do anything. I took it to a local Samsung store and they replaced the battery, thought the issue may have been fixed, then called and said they couldn't figure it out. I put the phone aside and just forgot about it.

Almost 3 months later, August 17th, I decided to see if time would help and if I could mess with it a little more. I charged it up and OMG! It booted up like normal, I couldn't believe it! Figuring it was related to the update back in May, I quickly made sure everything was backed up and found there was a new update to be installed. I processed the update and just 2 minutes later it started boot looping again. I had the phone working for a total of 10 minutes. 

When the issue first started there weren't many others who were having the same problem. But now I am seeing that if you search on here there are many other people having these issues with their S22. I found this thread and tried the things the mods suggested. Cache wipe did nothing. I tried that a few times. Then I finally decided to do a factory reset. It's been a few months and I can't use the phone anyway, so may as well give it a try. I did the factory reset and it did not help at all. It is still just boot looping over and over again. This is apparently a major issue with Samsung and this needs to be addressed by them. 

IMG_20240525_220058.jpg

0 Likes
Aashi30
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Sad to hear that. I hope samsung hears our complaint and fix the issues with the phone after update. 

0 Likes