JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Loss of oxygen sensor on S22

(Topic created: 09-30-2022 06:25 AM)
buckeyecal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Loss of Os sensor. Bought new Galaxy S22 specifically for this feature and now realize they have elected to not support it on the phone but require you buy a watch. The beauty of having ONE device has not given way to generating more sales and made use of their products more complicated. Simplicity as a differentiator has now been lost and replaced with greed to force customers to buy more gadgets. Very poor marketing decision. I will be seeking other solutions going forward. They have lost my loyalty. 

For those who may be quick to think I did not do my research. I did, via Samsung Store chat and was told it was still supported. If you can't trust the reps that sell the products then what is the suggested source that you might use? 

As a Telco product manager, the goal was always to add value to the product to retain the customer. It now seems the goal is to divest the features to new devices to capture more revenue regardless of the impact to your base. Poor strategy to irritate your base when you could also add new devices such as the watch for those using watches now. Some customers may not be interested in wearables just to get a feature that was available in another product.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. 

bob lowry
8 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@buckeyecal "Bought new Galaxy S22 specifically for this feature"

This is not a feature of the S22. I believe the S10 was the last phone with this hardware sensor. 

DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
It is
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
The S10 variants were the last phones to get the oxygen sensor. If every phone manufacturer kept every capability in their new phones they would be the size of a building brick.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
That sensor hasn't existed since the S20 series... so we're now three generations of devices without it. A quick search for that sensor will reveal it (if it was that important)
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmmm. Don't blame Samsung for lack of pre-purchase research ... that sensor has been gone since S10 series
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Agreed. If you're going to plop $500+ for a phone you would think you'd do some advanced research.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Er, they stopped putting the O2 sensor in their phones after the s10s. There has been a worldwide shortage of microchips for a number of years now. Removing the O2 sensor meant one less chip for a sensor that few buyers were using.
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Thought it was also some sort of licensing issue too