Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 12-16-2023 03:30 PM)
Mr_Khan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,304 Replies
bob1373
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I received the update on my s22 plus running on Spectrum Mobile a few days ago and had no issues. To me there really isn't much changes on this release other than a few minor cosmetic changes. Most of the update seems to be in the back ground to make the phone run better.
0 Likes
Fixitplease
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Worst update ever I don't even want to touch this phone. Like when I had an iPod only there's no audio check and the bluetooth doesn't work anymore lol
Afrokingg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
So my screen on the right side at the bottom will freeze up and stop working, so I can't use anything in that area But everywhere else on the screen works just on that particular spot, if I turn my phone on landscape. It works but then I have to reset my phone. I already did a phone replacement but I'm still having that issue. I didn't start having this issue until the phone. Did a software update which I tried to explain to Tech Support?  How can I resolve this issue please help.
0 Likes
userbBRm3MAn9B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Wish I knew, it's very frustrating loosing simple features that shouldn't even be an issue
Mr_Khan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Recently upgraded to one UI 6 on my s22 ultra and I just wanna go back to one UI 5. The way one UI 5 was designed was genius. All the one-handed functionality has been compromised in one UI 6. For example: for opening a video in gallery I have to reach top right corner of the screen and earlier it was down here on the bottom right which was easier for my thumb to tap. The notification panel is terrible with black and white by default. There should have been more customization provided for it. Earlier a single tap on a setting name in notification panel would open quick settings of that function and now I have to long press and it will take me to the main settings, it's awful. One-handed functionality has been seriously compromised. I would love to back to previous version of one UI. Bring back the one-handed functionality.
Trixied
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Agree with the grey, black & white is horrible. I'm not fond of GRE to begin with. DID ANY ONE THINK OF PEOPLE WHO ARE SIGHT IMPAIRED? As a caregiver I work with clients who have different sight issues. They don't do well with these shades in my experience.
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
There are plenty of customization options in Theme Park and QuickStar. Providing a blank slate for people to modify as they see fit is good.
Mr_Khan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I know the themes but I don't wanna customize icons and every other thing. I only want to customize the notification panel color
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
QuickStar lets you customize just the panel.
Mr_Khan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It seems like you are asking me to accept the stock themes are absurd and that I have to use a 3rd party app to make my phone look good. I don't wanna give 3rd party apps the access to mess around with my phone.