Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 05:18 PM)
Mr_Khan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,312 Replies
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I too followed the instructions that you detailed here, but the emojis that you show in the far right screenshot are precisely the ones that I want to get rid of, or revert the look back to pre-One UI 6. Do you know if there's a way to do that?
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
The only ways that I can think of to change the default emojis are to install either an emoji maker app or a third-party keyboard.

Google's Gboard appears to have its own set of emojis. Something called "Facemoji Keyboard" also came up several times in my search results. There may be others that I don't know about.

I also saw several emoji makers on both app stores, but I'm not clear on whether they make actual emojis or just stickers.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be more help to you. I've never needed to change out my default emojis, so I don't know much about it.
Violetaborjas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know if it's just me but the updated emojis are so horrendous. Like come on Samsung why even change it. šŸ˜ the emojis were fine the way they were there was no need to change them.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a way to get back the old style of emojis, before this one UI update? Or can anyone suggest a reliable third-party app that presents those emojis? These new ones are hideous, they remind me of the first Android phones back in the early 2000s.
I have the Galaxy S22 Ultra. 

Galaxy S22
They are hideous. Many complaints. Unfortunately, there's no going back. Your option: try other keyboards. It's my understanding that Google's keyboard's emojis are very similar but I don't know that personally. There are great keyboards out there; just watch out for the shady spyware ones.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, Google keyboard's Emojis are the same, unfortunately. I don't know WHY Samsung would do this!! **bleep**' annoying! But I will look around for some keyboards, thanks šŸ‘šŸ¾
bob1373
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I just have to ask. What is it you don't like about the emojis? I don't really see much difference between one ui 5.1 and one ui 6.
Galaxy S22
Do you use the Samsung keyboard or the Google keyboard? It was Samsung's keyboard that got a major overhaul to look like everybody else's.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I've used both; the screenshot included is from Gboard. So the new new UI update seems to be overriding the emoji style. Before I came back to this post I installed two other keyboards that are supposed to emulate is iOS emojis, but they exhibited these same emojis. Annoying.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
They are very flat and "early 2000's"-looking. I can't stand it, lol