Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 08:41 PM)
Mr_Khan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,312 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Switching brands may not help. Google's Android 14 has a lot of bugs in it. Therefore, so do all the phone manufacturer versions based on it like Samsung's OneUI 6.

Hopefully these bugs will go away when OneUI 6.1 is released, but we have to wait for Google to fix base Android before Samsung can patch OneUI.
userFsyt4pwN0J
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S22 Ultra (tmobile) back on Dec 7th. Haven't been able to make/receive calls/texts since. It's ridiculous. Even wifi calling doesn't really work. I literally can't use my phone. **bleep**. 

0 Likes
usertOW4p2y9gM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

So the latest update came in, and I have to wonder why things that were not broken, have been changed.

For example, the weather app. It used to have a little "refresh" button on the main phone screen and that has disappeared. I now have to load the full app to see the latest temperature. Thanks for making me submit to extra data traffic and for making me subject to advertising that I have no desire to be a part of.

Also noted that the vibrations I had set up for when apps closed... have totally disappeared.

This is a total failure. Not impressed....

Options
Galaxy S22
Are you talking about the refresh arrow that I've circled in the first photo? Go to your Settings and make sure the "Auto Refresh On The Go" is off. It may have turned on with the new update, just as your vibration settings - you may need to reset them after the update.

Most updates are due to security reasons. Hackers find new ways to hack, and phone companies find new ways to stop them...thus the updates. But while they write the security updates, they take into consideration complaints from consumers and try to implement them into the updates as well. 20240106_130611_1000017984_1704564439.jpg
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I uh...I hate to break it to you, but when you refresh the widget on your home screen, you're functionally doing the same thing as loading up the app. You aren't submitting more or less data just because you didn't go inside the app.
0 Likes
Voys22ultra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I wish I read about this update and never downloaded it. My phone doesn't work now . No service. Samsung is no help either  šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
Members_hmgpHKR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I just updated my S22 to Android 14, UI6.

It got stuck in the update loop 4 times. After pausing and shutting the phone off, it finally finished.

The app drawer keeps displaying empty slots randomly. Shut down and restart fixed one but now I'm wondering if some apps are actually in the app drawer.

I dread using this UI after reading many complaints of sensors and BT issues.

0 Likes
nokki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

These new emojis ever since my phone updated suck I hate it so much and I just want it to be changed back its so ugly and now I don't want no stupid android no more your ruining my phone by changing everything and then not letting me change it back 

Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
If you're referring to the animated emojis, those aren't the default ones anyway.  They're an add-on set. Updating to Android 14 appears to have moved some things around in the list of emoji sets for several people.

To get the actual default emojis back to the first position in the list, look at the row of little colored icons directly above the emojis (you may have different ones than I do).

Swipe that row all the way to the right end and tap the gear icon there.

You should now see a screen that will let you toggle off any emoji sets that you don't want. The animated set that everybody hates so much is labeled "2_5D animated emoji".

If you tap the word "Edit" in the upper right corner, you can change the order that the emoji sets appear on the list. You can even select sets that you don't want and delete them.

Look at my screenshots and make sure that you put the default set at the top of your list so it looks like mine. This one is labeled simply "Emoji" and cannot be turned off or deleted. You can turn off the others or delete them if you want to.

You should now have the real default set of emojis in the first position in your keyboard. They should look the ones in the screenshot on the far right.

I hope this helps! šŸ˜€1705164989244.jpg1705164989266.jpg1705164989283.jpg1705164989301.jpg
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
If you don't want to bother changing the settings, you can simply find the icon for the default set and tap it to use the default emojis again.

I've rearranged my list to put the two icons next to each other so you can see the difference. You may have to swipe that row of icons back and forth a bit to find the icon you're looking for.

The icon for the animated emoji set has stars in its eyes. The icon for the default set doesn't.

I hope this helps.1705165069440.jpg1705165069442.jpg1705165069444.jpg
0 Likes