Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 03:31 PM)
Mr_Khan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,312 Replies
LamarD2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Samsung's or Android's program.  I had a Note 10+ or it may have been the Note 9, but when I got it, I was able to create an AR Emoji that looked like me!  It was scary, it looked soo much like me!  It was awesome.  

709679699019.gif

Now that I have the S23 Ultra, I tried to update my emoji and now you're right, I look like I'm from Saturn!   Not from this planet for sure!  

51395.png

Now, I know I am not attractive, but good grief!  What is going on!?  My skin tone is the same, my head is the same...only thing I have done is shaved off my mustache.  

So, it's obvious Samsung or Android...is using another program that sucks!  

Most likely they were using an third party software to create the emojis and then they decided to use an in-house software or chose another company.  

In the meantime, I will continue to use my old AR Emojis.  Thank God I saved them!  I will search the internet to see if there is anything like the old program.  If I find something, I'll let yawl know!

0 Likes
alexiev
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I just updated my phone and now I literally don't want to text and take off emojis on saved contacts. They remind me of an old android I had when I was a preteen. They look cheap, cartoons, and dumb. I have always been team samsung for phones, but this literally made me want to get an iPhone because idk how they would be so dumb to change their emojis that finally are better
 Makes me wonder what else they're gonna do in the future. Obviously no common sense. They look soooo cheap! Like if I have a phone from the 2010s...
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I always thought they were all cartoon by default. They are supposed to be fun and not serious at all. I have an iPhone right next to me and still think that. To each their own.
Firdavsi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have been a Samsung customer since 2002. My first phone was a Samsung T100, which we called the turtle. Then I bought a C100, which sometimes froze. I used these two phones until 2008. Then I switched to the Galaxy S series and Note series. I had all the Note series, including the 7 series. From C21 I switched to Ultra, since I was the next Note after the 20 series. I was waiting for the 24 series, because I wanted to skip 23. But, the latest update of Android and UI 6 in my 22 Ultra, everything My applications have become unstable. The application itself logged out of the accounts. Mobile Internet has stopped working. I spent a lot of effort, nerves and time to restore part of the application. Since some were registered on my old email and old phone numbers. Disappointed in Samsung. I never liked the iPhone, but I already ordered 15 Pro Max. I will stop being “Samsung Man”, as my friends called me!
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
After so long you were probably looking for a change and this was the trigger. Not ordering a 24 based on the software update for a 22 is an emotional response. The first release of any new interation or generation of software will have problems with the closed off the beta track is which limits pre release testing. It's unfortunate but I was running the UI 6 beta on my S23U and had little to no issues.
Even now the 24U is suffering from issues from the 6.1 that will need to be addressed. Having had an iPhone 15 between Samsungs I wish you well and hope you'll be happy making the switch.
AmericanMade70
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

After purchasing a brand new Samsung S22 Ultra in August of 2022 within 2 weeks I kept getting the error "Not registered to a network".    I could not make or receive calls.  It took me 18 Verizon techs to trouble shoot the issue, 3 trips to different Verizon stores, 2 visits to the Samsung contracted community repair stores and 1 time having to send the phone in to Samsung itself.... only to be told that there was nothing wrong with the phone. 

After a 1.6yr battle with Samsung and a report to the Illinois States Attorney (which was no help despite a hand held device lemon law in Illinois) they finally agreed yesterday to a full refund.  I would have settled for a new replacement phone but Samsung rep kept refusing to that agreement.   I paid on this phone monthly the whole time and could never use it.  I had to buy a used phone in the meantime while I fought this Goliath of a company that does not give a S*** about its customers.   I even emailed all the top CEO's in every country about the issue and nobody responded. 

I own Samsung TV's and appliances but will NEVER EVER buy another one of their products.  They know there is an issue with this model and they have yet to address the issue and don't really care IMO because they are too big to go up against.              

pixel2000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The new update makes the phone look like an apple phone. If I liked that layout, font size and style, I would buy an apple phone. Please change back to the Samsung style.
wingriderr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Which phone?
0 Likes
pixel2000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Galaxy S21+
0 Likes
cvdm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Are seamless updates (A/B Partition) finally supported on Galaxy S22 Ultra and S24 Ultra with OneUI 6.0 or 6.1?

0 Likes