Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 12:49 AM)
Mr_Khan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,312 Replies
JosephFarlow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The quick settings and notification interface just looks God awful, and no matter how hard I try there's no way to make it look like before. Many people switched to Android from Apple because it's more "customizable" but with each update, everything just looks worse. I would be fine with everything else if I was at least able to make it look how I like
0 Likes
Barbara_Porter
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm starting to finally agree with iPhone users, I plan on switching over if they don't change soon. I used to express the way I feel through emojis but I can't do that if they are extremely ugly and unsettling.

0 Likes
GabeHR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Has anyone else noticed this quick settings panel used to pop up if you click the text now its just toggle off an on. And a quikc holdbtakes you to the full settings. Will we get this or a similar option back in one UI? This just seems like back tracking. People say they like the new look, it really doesn't matter for me. I wouldn't mind switching click and hold as the option to do a pop up menu within the notification panel, I drive a lot for a doordash and everytime i need to adjust one of these things in taken out of the app instead of just swyping back up to close the notification panel. It's causing more steps to take, and I don't use on screen buttons, i use swype gestures so thanks for moving the brightness slider a little up but now I still have to move from the top of my phone to the bottom just to swype back out of the settings menu and back to another app when 6.0 you could easily access all these settings within the notification panel that was one of mine and I'm sure a lot of peoples favorite features. Please bring it back. 
GabeHR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Here's a redit post of someone showing what I mean.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/s/43GidQfKAq
0 Likes
chandler021
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I hate the new quick settings with a burning passion. I drive for multiple delivery platforms as well and that's when it's especially aggravating. Especially with the weird black/white/gray color scheme.
I feel like this update often takes you in circles when it comes to settings and makes everything take multiple steps when it used to be so simple. I've been a loyal Android and Samsung user for over a decade and this makes me hate my phone.
0 Likes
JosephFarlow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This mandatory UI 6 update looks just awful, and any improvements are overshadowed by it. The quick settings panel especially, device control and smart view are not customizable and a complete eyesore. how many times are they going to change the font of the time without letting me change it back. On top of everything
Samsung is supposed to be customizable, Yet with each update everything looks worse and worse, there's no way to change it. It's one thing if it was something I chose but the updates are forced upon me Overall I don't think I'm gonna be able to like anything about the arbitrary improvements
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello, have you tried GoodLock? Practically, it contains many smaller apps that let you configure almost everything on your Samsung Phone.

Here is a link to a video on YouTube that shows good examples of the customisation:

https://youtu.be/ECOvFJMIsNk?si=Fgs2Z5xLzQwBA5qS
harv134
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Try the Niagara launcher
icic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
A little later
0 Likes
gocaleb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Not having the same issues but have you guys noticed how ugly the music bar looks when playing music? After i updated it i have to restart the phone for it to look good, very blurry and i think im not the only one experimenting that.

0 Likes