JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message won't send or receive on 2022 Tesla

(Topic created: 10-29-2022 01:30 PM)
Rinda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I cannot get my S22+ to send or receive messages on my new Tesla.  I have had someone with a S10 pair and was able to send and receive, an iPhone was able to send and receive.  Its not he car so it must be something with S22.  Looking for any advice.  I did reset the phone and the car several times, I am allowing messages through Bluetooth.  I can see my contacts, I can make calls, just no messages. 

16 Replies
JustJerri
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same problem here! I've had the car 9 weeks and am still unable to sync messages so that I can send/receive via the voice commands.

Furbal24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same problem here, Tesla tech could not figure it out and just said not our problem! 

0 Likes
KevinB247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I having the same problem and have determined that Samsung Email app does not work with the Tesla.... going to try a different email app to see if that does the trick..
Solution
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

YES!  I've been working all day on this.  I did another factory reset, got it to working and started loading one app at at time testing after every install and when I reinstalled the Samsung Email app, it stopped working.  Once I knew that was the bad app, I restored my entire phone from backup and deleted that app and now everything works fine....

KevinB247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
OK, so I'm not insane... good to know.
So... I still need an email app that will work with my Samsung phone and the Tesla model 3... have you tried any of the other email apps with it?
0 Likes
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I loaded the gmail email app.  It is working great with no problems.  😉

0 Likes
KevinB247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I loaded up BlueMail and text messaging now works in the Tesla.
That was a needle in the haystack to find, but glad it got resolved...
0 Likes