JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missing features and jumbled text

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 10:57 AM)
WantmyNote9back
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I gave up my Note9 for the S22 Ultra when I switched carriers and so far, I am very dissatisfied with the change. All of the features that allowed me to customize my Note 9 are not available on this S22. I mean simple things like customizing the backgrounds of my contacts text message page by picking photos from my gallery of that person. I had customized ring tones for some of my contacts, where is that feature on the S22 Ultra. And why do my text messages on this S22 are Ultra look like a jumbled mess. I'm sure Samsung has to know that this S22 Ultra is not an upgrade from my Note 9, but just in case they don't,  let me inform you.  Samsung,  your S22 Ultra is an Ultra disappointment. I had the option to keep my Note 9 and if this S22 Ultra was free, I would give it back and replace it with my Note 9. Good this I didn't have to pay full price for it.  In the meantime, do you think you can go back and find all of the Note 9 upgrades and release them to upgrade this S22 Ultra. It would be greatly appreciated. 

15 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have the time or the patience to tell you exactly where each setting is that you are looking for. I am sure, if you would have taken the time to look deep into the settings, each one of the "upgrades" you are looking for is there to customize.
WantmyNote9back
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Not
0 Likes
WantmyNote9back
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Very good, keep it moving, Sherlock...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Umm; at least you're honest. The issue is that if we are here to help then that time and patience are what come along with it. The time you took to write your post you could have used the same energy to provide some assistance. I see a lot of sarcasm and it should stop. Remember, everyone may not be in a place or space in which you are in. We have to look at everything as being foreign.
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@WantmyNote9back 

Sounds like you're mostly unhappy with the messaging app. The cool thing is that you can use third party apps, that might offer you the functionality you're missing. I like Textra myself. Very customizable.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

WantmyNote9back
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you 😊. I will definitely do that, greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Geno71; awesome response.
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Dramatic.

1) Make sure you are using Samsung messages, not Google messages. Both are installed on the phone because Google is trying to force Samsung to be more like Google and even worse, both have the same name. The Samsung messaging app has a circular chat bubble in the icon whereas the Google one has a more squared chat bubble.
In Samsung messages, after opening a text thread, you will find the option to customize chat room in the top right corner under the three button menu. You will also find customized notification tones there.
2) Custom ring tones can be found under each individual contact setting. Bring up a contact page, then on the bottom right corner you will see the three button icon that says more. You will have to scroll all the way to the bottom of that lost but you will find a custom ring tone option.
3) Why you are dealing with jumbled texts is likely due to just a transfer over issue, it's happened to me on a variety of different phones.
WantmyNote9back
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your assistance with my S22 Ultra. I followed the steps you provided and I am back on track. I spent a good part of my day doing one thing or another adding personal touches to my S22 Ultra, thanks to you. It is greatly appreciated 🙂!