JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple issues with my Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 10:06 AM)
userknJiVKWwe7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I just upgraded from an 8+ and have some serious issues with this new phone.  1) When I am on the phone, the person I am speaking with says that my phone skips constantly.  I have tried everything.  What's the problem here?  2) There are no notifications that I have a new text, email, etc.  This was not an issues on the 8+.  3)  Visual voicemail?  I cannot find where to set this up (where the VM messages come over as text).  HELP!  I'm regretting my decision.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
zGo to settings/general management/reset/reset network settings then reset the settings clicking the button. You'll have to login to you networks again. Visual voicemail is a carrier feature, but go here to read if this works https://www.galaxys22userguide.com/set-up-voicemail-on-galaxy-s22/

As far as your notifications, you'll have to go to settings/notifications and look at what is enabled or not. A new phone will not default to how your previous phone setup was which the S8 is 5 years old.

View solution in context

4 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

I am going out on a limb here and guessing you are on the AT&T network.

1.) This could just be a bad signal in your area.  Though you can check your APN setting to make sure these are correct.  Google *carrier* VPN settings, and this should show you was to set under:
Settings | Connections | Mobile Networks | Access Point Names

2.) Check your notification settings to make sure you have a tone for general notification sounds.  Check your messaging app (the default one for texting by samsung) as there is a seeing here as well for the text messaging sound, if set this will override the notification sound.  Check your e-mail program to ensure it is set to a) notify, and b)produce a tone.  Finally if you used smart switch, it will bring over settings from your old device, and may have this set to either a tone that did not come over, or to no tone at all.

3.) This is why i made the guess that you are on AT&T, and additionally on an unlocked device.  AT&T does not support Visual Voicemail on a non-AT&T locked device.  WiFi calling will be missing too, likely.  Other carriers do this too, I just know AT&T hates unlocked devices.

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
correct...AT&T is awful if the device isn't provisioned for them
0 Likes
Solution
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
zGo to settings/general management/reset/reset network settings then reset the settings clicking the button. You'll have to login to you networks again. Visual voicemail is a carrier feature, but go here to read if this works https://www.galaxys22userguide.com/set-up-voicemail-on-galaxy-s22/

As far as your notifications, you'll have to go to settings/notifications and look at what is enabled or not. A new phone will not default to how your previous phone setup was which the S8 is 5 years old.
Everg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How do I watch
0 Likes