Original topic:

Need options to disable Samsung pre-installed apps and choose Google Phone and Messages apps as default apps

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 11:16 AM)
VaishuVasu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Problem with Android is fragmentation and too many duplicate apps. All these duplicate apps deteriorate user experience. Samsung should provide an option to disable Samsung pre-installed bloatware such as Samsung Phone, Messages, Calculator, Clock, Calendar, and Browser apps. Being the owner of the device users should have an option to choose their own apps and disable all unwanted bloatware apps. Hope Samsung will listens to these issues and addresses them ASAP. 

14 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You can choose to have Google phone and messages as default
Open Phone settings
Apps
Choose default app 1712602498949.jpg1712602498962.jpg1712602498979.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

VaishuVasu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah, but I think that's a partial solution. Still, we will have both apps installed and displayed in the App drawer. I would prefer an option to either disable or uninstall any unwanted apps. Any bloatware should have an option to be removed.
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The Samsung apps are the built-in app not bloatware just like Google phones have Google apps, Apple has Apple apps and Samsung has there own apps which are the main apps unless you decide to install a 3rd party app

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
VaishuVasu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
One UI is built on Android. So, Samsung has full control to partition and manage built-in apps. In my opinion, Samsung is intentionally forcing these apps on the users. These apps don't add any value to user experience.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

take a moment to notice that you can uninstall the native Calendar app, the native email app, the native calculator app, and so on. for those apps you can't uninstall, you can disable. of course, I use all of those apps, so they aren't quite the "bloat" you think they are. same for Google apps...I can uninstall a good number of them. those that I can't uninstall, I can disable. good luck.

VaishuVasu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't see an option to either disable or remove Samsung Phone and Messages apps. I am just sharing my thoughts to improve user experience.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

long press on the Samsung Calendar app (for instance). I can see an uninstall option. you should be running on One UI 6.0, so the same should apply to you. the same long press action works on any app you have on your phone. that's how I quickly delete or disable Google apps that I don't use.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Then don't buy Samsung devices.

VaishuVasu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I love hardware and designs from Samsung and for software Google.
0 Likes