JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No more multiple time zone clocks on the Always On Display? (One UI 6.1)

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 12:10 PM)
dhlunique
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Just updated to One UI 6.1 this morning and after a few hours, when I REALLY needed it, discovered that my multiple time zone clocks (I always have 4 for business contacts) were gone!

Does everyone have this problem, or did I just spend an hour fruitlessly looking for the setting to put my timezones back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userFmgpiAHTAW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This really is unacceptable.  Any upgrade should, as a norm, ensure that previous functions remain unaltered.

The style of multiple clocks was altered on an earlier 'upgrade', for the worse.  No multiple clocks have disappeared altogether - I assume because some 20 year old geek has decided he/she knows best what customers expect.  If Samsung read these posts , FIX IT.

View solution in context

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You now need goodlock lockstar to add the widgets to the aod

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

dhlunique
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for the suggestion, Gary. These apps don't seem to suit my need.

Well, Lockstar (unless there is another Lockstar) is totally data-hungry, despite their PlayStore declaration. Good Lock "may share these data types [Location and Device or other IDs] with third parties." Unless there are different "goodlock" or "lockstar" apps.

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You need to download it from the galaxy store. It's an official first party samsung customization app.
dhlunique
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you, TT. I found Good Lock and Lock Star in the Galaxy Store, as recommended. Unfortunately, the combination only allow two clocks on the AOD, and the clocks themselves aren't the simple version that was previously available - there is LOTS of useless screen-consuming noise.

Solution
userFmgpiAHTAW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This really is unacceptable.  Any upgrade should, as a norm, ensure that previous functions remain unaltered.

The style of multiple clocks was altered on an earlier 'upgrade', for the worse.  No multiple clocks have disappeared altogether - I assume because some 20 year old geek has decided he/she knows best what customers expect.  If Samsung read these posts , FIX IT.