Original topic:

No phone service or data after UI 6.1 update

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Sweetpea3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G. I noticed I was having a ton of problems getting phone service and connecting to my data (my wifi worked just fine) a week ago. It's so bad that I've had to borrow a family member's phone to make calls because if I try with mine the call is in danger  of dropping due to no signal, or just won't go through at all. I'm also not able to receive calls reliably, or use my data very much.

I spent about two days on the phone with my phone provider trying to figure out what was wrong, but every single fix we tried only worked briefly, before the problem came back. We reset the mobile network multiple times, redid the APN (Access Point Names) multiple times, took the SIM card out then back in, multiple restarts, but nothing was a permanent fix, and it confused the person on the other end too. 

After realizing that the problem started the morning after I'd updated my phone to UI 6.1 I looked it up to see if anyone else was having problems, and lo and behold, it was rampant everywhere. Turns out that the update has been breaking a lot of people's phones, in various different ways.

Out of all the posts, I haven't really seen anyone else talking about not having phone service, so I was wondering if anyone else was having this specific problem? 

10 Replies
userEj26gNtvSE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
One UI 6.1 instal
0 Likes
ng113
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Is ur s22 ultra crashing from one ui 6.1 mine is
0 Likes
Sweetpea3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine doesn't crash, no.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Who is your service provider?
Trance Addict
0 Likes
Sweetpea3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I use Mint Mobile, but I know they're not the reason, because their service worked perfectly fine before the update.
Options
Galaxy S22
So Mint Mobile is now owned by T-Mobile and is definitely going to need a T-Mobile sim or e-sim as they are not comparable to the network settings you will be using with the T-Mobile network. It might take them some time to offer a replacement sim or e-sim so ask the Mint support team if they can update the sim and network connection id for you.
Trance Addict
0 Likes
richardsbe90
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I also have MINT And my s22 ultra is do the same exact thing someone plz help it's so frustrating
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Here is how I resolved the issue on the S22 Ultra 5G with T-Mobile. First off if you keep removing the sim card it will continue to cause connectivity issues because it re-registers the phone as a new line and since the S22 Ultra 5G is programmed to automatically connect to you service provider's best apn because instead of having to enter the Apn once you reboot the phone it automatically sends a request to ur service provider requesting the best APN settings using your location and messaging options. I would highly recommend you either transfer to an e-sim so you can lock in the apn settings and will receive updates from the cell company not from Android or Samsung Updates. You can also go to your provider's store and request a new Physical Sim as the original Sims are already 3 years out of date. That way they can do a clean reboot and install of One UI 6.1 and Android 14 along the accurate 5G settings and required mms and data settings. Also make sure you register the Wi-Fi calling option with the 911 location service as it does automatically check if you connect to wifi calling or the Emergency services settings. The problem is that most carriers have a different Network and require different types of apn and IMEI & ICCIDs. So every time you remove the sim it is not setting up the mobile network connection accordingly to your provider's plan ID. Now you should end up with an apn with 5G, 4LTe and 3g combo. Let your carrier do a master reset so all your system settings are the latest up to date versions. You will be surprised how much ur phone will change with all of the new Samsung, Google, Android & Microsoft Apps that are available for the S22 Ultra. It's basically got everything the S24 does but now you can choose to use an e-sim and put a massive SD card in the sim card slot and it will increase performance and storage.
Trance Addict
Sweetpea3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think that applies to me, because I'd only just switched to Mint about a week or so before the new update, so I already have their newest SIM card.