JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications no longer wake the screen when received

(Topic created: 11-08-2022 02:19 AM)
userQucL21mzP3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Just upgraded to Samsung one ui 5 on unlocked s22 ultra. Prior to upgrade receiving notifications would wake the display however after update my screen will not wake automatically when receiving notifications. Anyone have the same issues? Went through all the settings and could not figure it out. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when you're used to your device doing something a certain way and then it not working. Let's see if we can get this working for you again. 

Here is a video on how to change the settings so that your device's screen will light up when you receive a notification. (Please note this is not an official Samsung video, and we do not affiliate with this channel in any way, but the steps laid out here are very beneficial.)  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLTror_P7oQ)

View solution in context

5 Replies
userQucL21mzP3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The carrier I have is T-Mobile, I have also disabled the Google messages as I have heard this could cause issues with display not automatically waking up, but that did not fix it either.
Members_MlxG97M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I think you remembered wrong. S22 has never wake up the screen on notification (I'm still on One UI 4.1). I have to use third party app Glimpse Notification for that functionality.

0 Likes
userQucL21mzP3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
On the s22 the wake up the screen function was available if you used the native samsung messageing app. Essentially when you received a text message the screen would turn on for a brief amount of time before turning off again. There wasn't any customization with this function but I do know the screen turned on when receiving text messages.
KareBear21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have this problem now I've spent hours trying to figure it out. What the heck did they do?
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when you're used to your device doing something a certain way and then it not working. Let's see if we can get this working for you again. 

Here is a video on how to change the settings so that your device's screen will light up when you receive a notification. (Please note this is not an official Samsung video, and we do not affiliate with this channel in any way, but the steps laid out here are very beneficial.)  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLTror_P7oQ)