Original topic:

One UI 6.1 Issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
robbiesmithj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
TLDR:
-Swipe gestures "swipe from bottom" option not showing in Navigation bar options (Solved)
-Unable to edit Always On Display clock from Always On Display settings (Solved)
-Always On Display notification icons are colorless (UNSOLVED)

I'm pretty frustrated with the new One UI 6.1 update.

I use swipe gestures for my navigation bar and when I opened my phone after the update, the setting had changed to buttons. When trying to change back to swipe gestures, the only option was Swipe from sides and bottom. I finally found that I had to Enable extra gesture settings in NavStar in Good Lock to add the Swipe from bottom option.

The other issues I am having are with the Always on Display. My AOD clock color had changed to blue instead of white, and from the world clock with multiple time zones to the default clock. I could find no way to change this in the Always On Display settings and had to Google the answer. I finally found the Edit Lock screen under "Looking for something else?" in the Lock screen and AOD which also edits the AOD.

I was able to revert the clock to how I had it; however, I also noticed that the notification icons are colorless in the AOD. I checked the Edit Lock screen option and wasn't able to find a way to have the notification icons colorized on the AOD. I also checked LockStar and while it appears to have an option that colorizes the notification icons, on the AOD it still shows white. (Also, when using LockStar there is no option to use the world clock.) I'm still looking for a way to colorize notification icons on the AOD.

Again, really disappointed with this update overall, feels like a step back with options disappearing, moving, and becoming otherwise unintuitive.
4 Replies
pamo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea, I'm in agreement. I am NOT happy at all as the 6.1 update removed the microphone icon that showed up with the keyboard.
Now they want you to voice text BUT YOU CAN'T review what it says . Its an audio file only AND YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR FINGER ON IT OR ELSE IT WONT WORK!
Definitely a step backwards
Who the **bleep** makes these decisions. IF ITS NOT BROKE, IT DOESNT NEED FIXING!!!!!
0 Likes
tomwoc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The ability to be able to change the clock face is no longer available on my S21 Ultra.
The microphone for text keyboard moved to the very bottom left corner of the screen
0 Likes
Thomas4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Mine happened on the gallery app after updating to 6.1 ui on my A15s I can't play videos it keeps saying video not supported or codex is missing this is annoying 

0 Likes
Slacker_one
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Samsung S21 & I faced the same issue after updating, my lock screen had changed & after searching everywhere I finally found the edit lock screen function, I managed to get it back the way it was, but today it disappeared again, I tried the edit lock screen function again but it wouldn't load, NOT happy at all regarding this update & I have recommended to my friends not to do the update either. FIX YOUR GAME SAMSUNG

0 Likes