JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 Since Android 13 Update

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 09:38 AM)
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Galaxy s22 Ultra Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 3-5 Times a Day Since Android 13 Update With Emergency SOS Feature Turned Off This Hasn't Happened once Until The Update And I'm Getting Pretty Fed Up with This Issue 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
47 Replies
userCIBOhMc30d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue. I think it is the lockscreen. If you swipe up on your lockscreen, there's a prompt at the bottom for emergency call. Touch it and it calls 911. I have not been able to figure out how to get rid of that.
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Doesn't seem to happen on mine I've fingerprint and face unlock activated
0 Likes
Solution
userCIBOhMc30d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I fixed it! Swipe down for the cog, go to Advanced Features, Motions and Gestures, and turn off Double Tap to Turn On Screen. I just tested it in my pocket and it doesn't open the lock screen, and ultimately the swipe up that exposes the emergency call button.
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
OMG Thabk You So Far So Good! 🙌🏻
userhnR9AUgt5X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Happened to me today.  First time it's ever happened.  Android 13, Samsung S20+

trevors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
for future updates, please put back the option to disable SOS emergency automatic dialing.
Samsung needs to fix. I do not want to accidentally call the police
trevors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
A way to make sure you dont call the police is to edit the emergency number to a non working number, Like "0" and set a longer countdownScreenshot_20230728_154010_Emergency SOS.jpg
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Open up the system settings then click emergency number to call now click custome and change it to 0000 to stop it from calling or of course you can set it for any number you want 😉 Screenshot_20230728_144127_Emergency SOS.jpgScreenshot_20230728_144137_Emergency SOS.jpg