Original topic:

Phone Wont Unlock after Update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
BittyG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

After my phone updated, my PIN was no longer accepted in my s22 plus phone. I've tried so many times that i've been locked out for 24h for almost a week now, and I've talked with Samsung support in person, on the phone, messages, and local repair shops with no help. I refuse to factory reset because I would be devastated to lose my pictures and I don't know what to do anymore. Remote unlock isn't available. Please help!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Your pictures should be backed up to your Google account. Google backs up by default unless a) you purposely turn it off or b) are not logged into a Google account on your phone. The only way to reset your password at this point would be a factory reset. If you do a factory reset, I would suggest setting a password and pin. I believe you would then be able to use either to access your phone.
0 Likes
msnowbsn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It doesn't matter, if you have insurance,at least with Verizon, they will still send you a refurbished phone and you will have the same issue. I have ordered two different phones, one was supposed to be a brand new replacement S23 ultra but  expedienced the same issues right after update. The retail value amount was sent to me and I got an S22. It is doing the same thing, just not near as bad. Will get error message at bottom that states the latest version isn't updated or compatible. It has had issues with screen touch at various times for various things. 

0 Likes