Original topic:

Phone charging speed depends on side plugged in?

(Topic created: a month ago)
Fons23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello Im using a s22 ultra with the original 25 watt charger and cable from samsung i noticed if i plug in the usb c with the flat side it super fast charges but when i flip it with the tiny weld ridge on top it charges at slow speed. I tried it using a 35 w anker charger and cable but it did the same thing. Is this a port issue or a new feature?
6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Fons23 This indicates that either the cable connector is faulty OR the USB port on your phone has suffered some damage and isn't making the correct connection. 

FYI, all of my original cables from Samsung are completely identical on both sides. So you may not be using an original Samsung cable. 

Fons23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I see I went to asurion samsung service center and they told me it was a feature .
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
i have the S24 ultra wuth wireless charging and ALL usb-c and wireless chargers takes an hour and a half with fast charging on!! ALL chargers takes the same amount of time to charge!!
0 Likes
ARandomS21FE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Make sure you are using a 25-45W+ power brick (the part that connects to the wall) and check your battery protection settings.
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
like i said, i have tried ALL different wattage types and they ALL have the same fast charge time of 1 hour and 30 minutes to full charge on my s24 ultra!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
0 Likes
ARandomS21FE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I mean the S24U has a very big battery, I don't have one so I can't compare but that seems like the correct charge time to me.
0 Likes