JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone was in Boot Loop....Now Black Screen and occasionally looks like it is rebooting

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have not had a phone since Thursday morning. My phone said there was an issue with the UI and then it went into a Boot Loop. I tried to clear the cache but it kept looping. I couldn't restart my phone or anything. 

Now, I have a Black screen and it will occasionally act like it is rebooting and then the screen goes Black again. My battery is charged and then I let it die. 

Samsung said it is not under warranty with them and my cell phone carrier is sending me a replacement. I want to make sure my information is off of this phone. The issue is, I can not get it to a state where I can factory reset it. 

Volume Up, Power Button, Volume Down, etc. does not work. It just stays Black until it gives a beep, the screen with Samsung Galaxy comes up, and then it goes back to Black.

Please Help! I just want to be able to factory reset the phone so my information is not out there. The phone is useless right now. 

Thank you for your help!

9 Replies
Solution
sparkler17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
This is odd, but I saw on reddit a user with a similar problem. They stuck their phone in a freezer for an hour or two. Apparently there may be an issue with one of the components that when it's cold, it actually starts working and allows the phone to boot. Worth a try perhaps. Someone else suggested connecting to the pc

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/1485baw/stuck_in_boot_loop_after_updating/
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
That's interesting I have never heard of having to put your phone in a freezer to get it to work but if it helped at work then that's a good thing I suppose that they had to do that and that they even attempted that thinking that was a way to fix it but hey if it works at work
Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried connecting it to my computer already too. That did not work. I will try the freezer though. 

Thanks.

Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This worked!! I left it in the freezer for 1.5 hours and it was powered up when I took it out. It was working like there was never an issue. 

Thank you!!

Options
Galaxy S22
Was your storage full?
0 Likes
Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It was close to being full but I had still had storage space. I was going to delete some items to get more storage space but then this happened so I did not get to delete the items. 

Options
Galaxy S22
Sometimes this happens when storage is too full
Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Do you know if anyone had any luck getting the phone to work again?

I can't try the freezer thing that sparkler17 mentioned until tomorrow.

Neata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Sorry for delays to any messages. I have to log onto my computer to read and respond to these and I log on once a day when I'm home.